Each month the Families Matter Show will cover topics on the importance of family to empowering our children.
This months topic: Alone Together: How Technology has Separated Us from Each Other
We are all over-connected through cell phones and other technological gadgets. Even when we are together as a family with our children, we seem to be texting and playing video games. We are multi-tasking masters. But it is at the peril of teaching our children the true art of communication. Kids are having a harder and harder time to really connect with each other, be they friends, siblings or parents. We as parents should find ways to show kids the importance of empathic connection. We could this in the following ways:
- Having unplugged times when we could related to one another personally and face to face;
- Having times when we are doing things as a family as opposed to watching television all the time;
- Going out for walks as a family;
- Doing family activities;
- Just hanging out as a family;
- Having a sit down meal at least a few times a week.
Listen to the podcast at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/worldofinknetwork/2014/02/21/families-matter-show--topic-alone-together